We collect personal information from or about you in the course of providing services to you.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Privacy Act 1993 (the Act). If you would like further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. phone call or email), or when you buy or use our services.
We use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide to you, and improve, our website, templates and newsletters
- to market our services and products to you, including electronically (e.g. by text or email)
- to bill you and process payments from you, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim and verifying your compliance with any terms under which we have provided our website or templates to you
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
how we disclose your personal information
Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, we may disclose personal information to:
- any business that supports our website, templates and newsletters (including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our website, templates and newsletters) where necessary for that business to provide those services to us
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our website, templates and newsletters may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, where we hold readily retrievable personal information about you, you have the right:
- to obtain confirmation of whether or not we hold that information
- to access that information
- to request a correction to that information.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, email us using the email address provided on our website. Before you exercise these rights, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. Your email should provide that evidence and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
In relation to a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.